Feb 20, 2007

Chicken Biryani:)

Yesterday , I had friends coming over and i had to cook. The only dish that i could think of was Chicken Biryani. I love the hydrabadi one....but my husband likes the chennai style....Oh well we love biryani and Chicken Biryani was on the list!!!

Thanks to my husband i have a laptop now. I could get the recipie from one of my fav cousins!!!
The Biryani turned out amazing:)) As i was cooking my husband couldnt stop telling me how good it smelled.

He couldnt resist and while i was waiting for it to be cooked he quickly opened the pan and grabed a little. He had food in his mouth and all he did was show me his thumb. I was happy !!! It brought a big smile on my face ...It was worth all my efforts!!!

Chicken Biryani for 6 ppl
Part I
3 onions.chopped into tiny pieces
6 green chillies. chopped
6 garlic pieces...crushed
1-2 bay leaves
few cinamon sticks
few cardamoms
few stalks of mint...according to ur taste!!


Part II
For marination
Biryani masala powder,
lil tumeric,
1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste,
salt
2 tea spoons yoghurt.
Mix all this with 3 pounds of chicken washed and cut.
Marinate for 30 mins

Part III
Take 3 cups of basmathi rice soak for 30 mins as well


Method:

In a big Pan fry onions till it gets golden brown in colour.
Take few out from the pan and save it for the end.
Mix all the ingridients in part I and fry them.
Add marinated chicken and fry till golden brown, while frying add 2 tsp yoghurt.
Add 41/2 cups of water( rice :water ratio is 1:11/2).
Let the chicken boil in medium heat for 15-20 mins.
Add basmathi rice to this and cook in low flame for 30 mins till rice is done.
Note : close the pan while cooking rice and if you are using a cooker do not put the whistle on.

Check if the rice is cooked in 30 mins ..add the remaining fried onions.
Mix well and enjoy!!!

You can eat this with yoghurt or Raitha:)
I made green apple raitha and one of my friends wanted the left overs too :))

2 comments:

Leena Says said...

This is a cool blog rajji. Nice and simple. I will wait for you to make me that biryani, for now i will eat the commercially available one! and thanks for being my best friend too!

Leena Says said...

This is a cool blog rajji. Nice and simple. I will wait for you to make me that biryani, for now i will eat the commercially available one! and thanks for being my best friend too!